When did you last have the opportunity to play Twenty Questions? You probably think you don’t have enough time for playing games right now. You’re likely too busy planning your upcoming move. And that’s perfectly fine. But if you are committed to finding licensed interstate movers, you have to do it. It will save you some precious time throughout your relocation! Plus it keeps you safe from fraudulent movers, and in that regard, it can save you money! With ReloSmart Movers Hong Kong, you have the truly unique chance to find the perfect interstate movers for you while playing this game. Here are the 20 questions that will help you on this journey.
1. Why do you need to confirm you have reliable interstate movers?
You must have already read too many horrible moving stories. For instance, dark tales where people ended up unfairly overcharged by “professional“ moving companies. So, wouldn’t you rather have an affordable and straightforward experience moving from Hong Kong to USA? Furthermore, wouldn’t you rather commit to finding licensed interstate movers who are trained to conduct your relocation safely and smoothly?
2. Can’t I just move to another state by myself?
You could, if you don’t have any specialty items, and you feel confident about renting and driving a moving truck across the country. But you have to factor in the hidden and forgotten costs of relocation without the help of the best movers Hong Kong can offer. Then you’ll think two times before trying to manage such a move on your own.
3. How much does finding licensed interstate movers cost?
The AMSA claims that the average cost of an interstate move is about $4,300 for a move distance of 1,225 miles and a shipment weight of 7,400 pounds. Note that full-service interstate movers calculate the cost based on four critical price factors:
- Distance between the two homes,
- Total shipment weight,
- Specialty items for packing and moving, and
- Additional moving services.
- Other additional or unforeseen factors can also affect the final cost.
4. What services do full-service interstate movers offer?
Full-service relocations come with a wide range of additional services such as:
- Disassembly / re-assembly of large furniture
- Specialty handling
- Hoisting (rigging)
5. How much will all this cost?
As you can see, the cost is formed on a case-by-case basis, which means that there’s only one good way to know how much your cross country move will cost. You won’t have a good idea of how much money you will pay until a moving expert gives you a precise estimate in writing.
6. Finding licensed interstate movers – how to do it?
Finding licensed interstate movers is relatively straightforward – it’s choosing one of them to be your partner that is the hard part. Just stick to this guide and you’ll be set.
7. Do you need in-home surveys?
The answer is hard YES. In-home visits from moving company representatives are important because:
- Firstly, the representative will inspect all your items and prepare a plan for them;
- Secondly, the professionals will assess all the potential moving and packing issues, including narrow hallways, multiple flights of stairs, tight corners, lack of a building elevator, etc;
- Thirdly, they will answer all your burning move-related questions;
8. How to compare quotes after finding licensed interstate movers?
Now that you are holding several cost estimates in your hand, it’s time for comparative analysis. This step should leave only one winner – you. The price is important, indeed, but you should inspect all the offered extra services and their respective rates.
9. Why should you care about reputation when finding licensed interstate movers?
The best state to state moving companies care about online reputation because it is their most dependable tool to bring in more customers – hence more profit.
10. Why should you read reviews?
If getting suggestions about reputable movers from reliable sources didn’t provide results, then you should turn to customer reviews and performance ratings. They will give you a clue about what to expect from the company.
11. How to check if your movers have a license?
Finding licensed interstate movers means checking the U.S. Department of Transportation website. If they have a license by the Department, they’ll have a USDOT number.
12. How to make sure you‘re dealing with reliable movers?
- Firstly, check if those interstate moving companies are members of the AMSA.
- Secondly, If they have earned their ProMover certification, then you can be sure that you’re dealing with cross country movers you can trust.
- Thirdly, remove any lingering doubts by verifying a company with the Better Business Bureau /BBB/.
13. What questions to ask interstate moving companies?
You will learn a lot about a business from the way they communicate with you. You shouldn’t hesitate to ask the hard questions.
14. Should you hire professional packers?
Professional packers have been trained to work fast! Which is what you need if you are on a schedule! Moreover, professional packers will be liable if anything they have packed suffers damages while in their possession.
15. What items interstate movers won’t move?
Usually, non-movable items include flammable, corrosive, or explosive items, plus perishable food, pets, plants, and irreplaceable high-value articles.
16. Should you tip interstate movers?
If your movers arrived on time, were cordial and professional, worked quickly and carefully, didn’t cause any property damage, go for it. There isn’t a reason why you shouldn’t tip each worker individually, is it?
17. How much to tip interstate movers?
Now, if it all went well, you should tip $5 per hour per mover. Or about $40-$50 per day per mover. remember, you can always tip your movers more if you’re really happy with their service.
18. How to save money while finding licensed interstate movers?
Good news, there are good ways to save on your interstate move. If you reduce the weight of your shipment! This will save you loads of money.
19. How to prepare after finding licensed interstate movers?
- Firstly, inventory your entire house
- Secondly, sell, gift, donate or recycle anything that you won’t ever use again.
- Thirdly, pack whatever you can yourself.
- Last but not least, leave specialty items to pro packers.
20. What is the best interstate moving company?
If you’ve read this far, then you already know exactly what to do! Contact us to request price estimates, and we’ll help you save money during your upcoming cross country relocation.