Having a wine collection is great! Moving it? A bit more tricky. In order to pack and move your wine collection, you have several methods at your disposal. First, and the easiest one, is to simply hire Hong Kong movers and packers to do it for you. Or you can do it on your own. You can also hire a wine relocation professional if the collection is extremely valuable. Regardless of the method that you choose, you have some work ahead of you. This article will explore all three methods and their pros and cons.
How to pack and move your wine collection? 3 methods!
Here are the main methods of moving your wine collection, in a list form:
- Pack and move your wine collection on your own!
- Hire professionals moving company to pack and move your wine collection
- Hire wine relocation professional!
1. Pack and move your wine collection on your own!
If you want to do it on your own, you will need to:
- Make sure that you are following the regulations of moving alcohol – Yes, there are regulations and you will do well to comply with them. Not going with a local moving company Hong Kong means that you need to do your research on your own, as well. But don’t worry, it is nothing difficult.
- Pack your wine properly – You will need to know how to properly pack your collection before you start packing. For this, you will want to have quality packing materials and special wine containers. If you don’t know where to purchase them, do a quick online search for stores that have them and that are nearby.
- Relocate your wine collection in climate-controlled condition – This usually means either a really big fridge, or several, or a climate-controlled van. Go with the option that is more convenient and easier. Especially if you are moving your collection over long distances.
While you are looking into packing solutions, you may want to consider investing in some wine decanters, as well. There are some really good wine decanters out there, and you can even transport some of your collection in them. Always be on the lookout for something new.
2. Hire professionals moving company to pack and move your wine collection
The second, and the easiest, method is to simply hire professionals to move your collection for you. They will know exactly what to do in order for your precious bottles to arrive safely to their destination. You can also hire packing services if you don’t feel like searching for containers and materials on your own. In the case of particularly expensive collections, this may very well be the best option. Also, make sure to additionally ensure your wine collection as the weight is definitely not indicative of value in this case.
3. Hire wine relocation professional!
Finally, you may want to hire the services of a wine relocation professional. This is usually reserved for only the priciest of collections but it is the best way to transport wine. The companies that specialize in wine relocation have absolutely everything that may be necessary for moving any wine collection. They also have the most experience in just this sort of relocation.