You have decided to pack your bags and seek better living conditions somewhere else? People are constantly moving in search of better jobs, climate, and living conditions. However, you should be aware of the fact that moving is not easy. Packing your bags and leaving for another town or state is a big change. In fact, moving just across the street can be difficult, not to mention long-distance moves like moving from Hong Kong to USA. So, how to pack for such moves? Well, one thing is certain. If you wish to avoid stress or to forget something along the way, you should make a good plan before you start packing. This might seem complicated, but don’t worry. We are here to help you pack for the move. That’s why we have prepared a short guide for packing and moving a walk-in closet. Stay tuned.
Packing and moving a walk-in closet should be left to the professionals
The easiest way to pack your wardrobe is to let someone else do it for you. We are not joking, all reliable movers Hong Kong should have packing services on offer. Packing services represent an additional cost, but you will be getting a lot in return. Here is why you should consider getting packing services:
- You will save a lot of time. We already said that packing is a process that takes time. Professional packers do that for a living, so they can do it much faster than you. Invest that time in some other, equally important, aspects of the moving process.
- You don’t have to worry about your belongings. Professional packers know how to pack every household item for transportation. They also have the packing tools that guarantee the maximum safety of your belongings.
- You will save your nerves. A hectic schedule causes headaches and stress. Let your movers do the packing for you.
If you want to do it on your own you must have a packing plan
Before you start packing your belongings, you must first come up with a proper packing plan. Ideally, a moving plan should be organized by rooms like the living room, bathroom, kitchen, and so forth. You can also add sub-sections to the packing plan, like your walk-in closet. Anyway, an ideal packing plan should include:
- Moving inventory. List of every item that you plan on taking with you.
- Order of packing. When to start packing? What goes into the boxes first, and what will you need until the moving day?
- Moving supplies. If you want to pack on your own you will have to get some moving tools. These include cardboard boxes, marker pens, labeling stickers, packing paper, bubble wrap, and simple tools like scissors and screwdrivers. You can get moving supplies at every DIY store.
- Smart labeling system. In order to avoid complete chaos and mess, you must design a smart labeling system so you can keep track of what you still have to pack, and what is already in the boxes. You will use these labels to check if all boxes safely arrived at their destination.
Get rid of stuff you don’t need anymore before packing and moving a walk-in closet
We all have a lot of stuff that is just sitting there in the corner and attracting dust and allergens. People mostly hoard items like these in their basements or attics, but the walk-in closet is no exception. These wardrobes are usually full of clothes and shoes, but people also use them to store stuff like children’s toys, small home appliances, old family photos, and various collectibles and memorabilia. So, the first thing you should do is to get rid of everything that you don’t actually need. In other words, you should declutter your wardrobe. Here is why:
- You will save on moving quotes. The price of every move is calculated using two factors. The distance of the move and the total weight of the shipment. So, the less stuff you take with you, the less you will pay for the move.
- Clean surroundings. You are soon starting a new chapter in your life. The best way to do it would be with a clean and organized living space.
- Less time spent on packing and unpacking.
Best ideas for packing and moving a walk-in closet
- Leave clothes in wardrobe boxes. This strategy will save you a lot of time. Furthermore, these boxes are ideal for the transportation of your clothes. Just make sure that they are tightly sealed.
- Use garbage bags. Garbage bags are durable and cheap, and that makes them a perfect solution to pack your clothes for the move.
- Use suitcases to pack your clothes. You can use the sturdy suitcases to pack more valuable pieces of clothing. They also have wheels, which makes them easy to move around.
- Do not pack clothes. This is a cool trick to save time if you are moving around the block. Put your clothes in your car and transport them to the new address.
- Use old clothes to pack fragile items. Don’t throw out your old clothes yet. You can use them one last time to wrap fragile items like glasses, artwork, or expensive electronic devices.
How to pack shoes for moving?
The strategies for packing your shoes are quite similar to those of clothes. Here is what you can do:
- Use the original boxes if you still have them.
- Clean your shoes before packing.
- Fill your more expensive pairs of shoes with bubble wrap to avoid them getting crushed and deformed.
- Don’t forget to label these boxes correctly.
As you can see, moving doesn’t have to be difficult when you have a clear plan, and if you are organized. These were some of the tricks that will help you with packing and moving a walk-in closet. We hope that you will find our article useful and we wish you a safe relocation.