If you wish to avoid low ball moving quotes, you have come to the right place. Our moving company can help you out with everything concerning this issue. What is a low ball, for starters? Well, some moving companies will want to take as much money from you as possible. In other words, you will pay much more than your relocation is actually worth it. So, you should try to avoid this at all costs. In any case, we have prepared a really good guide to help you complete this one without much trouble. So, if you wish, you can stick with us to the end and, hopefully, we can help you out. So, without any further ado, let us dive straight in.
How to avoid low ball moving quotes – the best tips and tricks
There are some things that are really important for you, especially if you are moving on a budget. So, you will need to avoid getting low balled by a moving company. Here is what you can do:
- Hire a really good moving company. There are fraudulent movers everywhere nowadays. So, you will need to hire a professional one you can trust. A good idea would be to check movers reviews in order to make sure that you will hire the best movers around. You can find the best movers Hong Kong offers if you read good moving reviews. Once you hire a good moving company, tell them everything about your relocation. They will be able to help you out. Thus, you can focus on other parts of your relocation. This is a win-win situation, believe us.
- Know how much your relocation will cost. A good idea would be to check how much your relocation will cost. Then, you should compare the average price you get with the one your moving company asks from you. If they are asking for more than 20% of the average cost, they might be low balling you. In other words, you should avoid a moving company like that. There are other parts of your relocation with hidden costs. For example, renting the best short term storage Hong Kong offers can cost you a lot. So, keep your finances in check just in case.
Some things you should always keep on your mind
There are some things you should always keep on your mind as well. For example, if you want to purchase moving supplies and equipment you can do that on Amazon. Moreover, you can call a moving company to help you out with that, or acquire them on your own. A good idea would be to only purchase the highest quality moving equipment and supplies. Everything less than that might not be good enough for your move. In any case, you should think about every single option when this is concerned. Overall, make sure to have really good equipment. That way, you can keep your belongings safe during the entire moving process.
Another thing you should keep in mind is that no moving company will ever ask for payment in advance. If a moving company does exactly that, you should know that there is something wrong. Reputable movers request payment only after the work is done. Chances are that someone is trying to low ball you if they ask for payment in advance. So, if you wish to avoid this moving day accident, you should be really cautious when payment is concerned. Moreover, you should make sure that your moving company will show up on your moving day. In other words, if you have any suspicions about a moving company, trust your instincts. They are there for a reason, right?
How to avoid low ball moving quotes – more information
Before you decide how much to tip movers in Hong Kong, you should make sure that they deserve their tips. Usually, a good moving company will never do any of the following:
- Lie to you. You can find out easily if a moving company is lying to you. Simply read the contract and compare what your moving company does and what is written in the contract. Also, you should always be able to see the address of the moving company. Regular moving companies are always public and they have all their information written somewhere. If you cannot see any of that, you should not trust a moving company.
- Force you to sign anything. No moving company has the right to force you to sign anything. Everything you do will be your free will. In other words, they are allowed to suggest but never make you sign anything. This goes for all services they can offer. A moving company representative will tell you more about it, but your decision will be final.
- Ask for more money. No reputable moving company will ever ask more than it was on the moving estimate. Moreover, you will know their pricing from the beginning of the move, so you could calculate it as well. Never accept to pay more than you should. This is called low balling. Avoid it at all costs.
Avoiding fraudulent movers – conclusion
In most cases, moving companies are not trying to low ball you. Sometimes mistakes happen and that is perfectly fine. However, this does not change the fact that some moving companies are fraudulent and they want your money in every way possible. For this reason, you should only hire reputable and reliable moving companies. They are not hard to find and we are certain that you can do it.
In any case, you should check for some additional storage options, just in case. Even if you hire a really good moving company, you will need some storage space in Hong Kong. Thus, it would be best if you had your options ready.
In the end, we sincerely hope that now you know how to avoid low ball moving quotes. For everything else, feel free to read our guide again. Good luck with your move!