Moving homes is an intricate task, that requires a diligent plan. Often, furniture pieces, like bed frames, wardrobes and tables, are bulky and difficult to manoeuvre. Large furniture pieces were not made to fit through narrow doorways and hallways. That is why we recommend you disassemble bulky furniture when moving house. Our team of professional movers Hong Kong came up with a short and simple guide to help you during your relocation.
If you want to avoid any unnecessary damage to your furniture pieces, walls and floors you should take apart your bulky furniture. Likewise, disassembling your items will make them lighter and easier to move. By learning how to disassemble your furniture, you will have a much safer and enjoyable time moving it to your new home.
Hire a team of professional movers
Moving is already challenging enough, so if you want to make this entire process easier for you and your loved ones consider hiring professionals from a reliable and local moving company Hong Kong. Professional movers can easily handle disassembling bulky furniture. This way you ensure that all of your furniture pieces stay damage-free. Remember to book your moving company in advance, so you can discuss your relocation with them.
Make an inventory list
First of all, you should figure out what items you want to move to your new home. Therefore, creating an inventory list is very important. Go through each room in your current home and make a list of all your items. Since every item costs money when moving, choose furniture pieces that you will need in your new home. If you don’t want to throw away the pieces you are leaving behind, you can always put them in a storage unit. You can find high-quality units in Kwun Tong storage. On the other hand, you can always donate or recycle unwanted items.
Here is how to disassemble bulky furniture when moving house
- Bed-Take apart the bed frame. Remove the mattress and the bedding. Wrap your bed frame with bubble wrap and place all the small hardware pieces together, so you don’t lose them.
- Sofa-If it is possible, unscrew legs and armrests. Wrap in safely with bubble wrap. Remove cushions and pack them separately.
- Dining room table-Turn the table upside down to safely remove the legs. Use packing tape and bubble wrap to protect your dining room table from any damage. Remove any glass elements that your dining table might have and safely wrap it with packing blankets.
- Wardrobe-Get everything out from your drawers and pack all of your clothing items. Remove all the drawers and shelves to make your wardrobe lighter. Unscrew and remove the doors. Pack everything separately.
- Desk-Remove everything from your drawers. Remove any detachable trays and drawers to make your desk lighter.
Follow our short guide on how to disassemble bulky furniture when moving house and you will have an enjoyable and stress-free experience.